What are we looking for?
We're currently looking for a smart, hardworking UX/UI Design Intern to join our team as soon as possible for Fall 2020. This opportunity will afford the right person with the opportunity to learn from full-time, experienced UX/UI designers and get an understanding of how a digital consultancy works. They will have the opportunity to learn about various stages of UX process and visual design techniques. The right person for this role is pursuing a career in digital design and is a strong communicator. This is a part-time position located at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Hours are negotiable and can be scheduled around class time.
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are critical to this role:
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written)
- Be naturally curious and love problem solving
- Have strong training in executing UX and UI design
- Have experience with industry standard design software like Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
- Be passionate about interaction design and ready to share your favorite blogs, authors, etc.
- Be open to the possibility of future full-time employment
Who is Modea?
We are a technology consultancy working with healthcare marketing teams to dramatically improve and enhance the digital patient experience. We fundamentally believe that digital tools should provide better control, transparency, and choice for healthcare consumers. Finding a doctor should be as easy as comparing flights with Kayak, and booking an appointment should be as easy as hailing a car with Uber.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work:
What does a UX/UI Designer do at Modea?
- Check out the Duke Health website. We designed and built the entire thing.
- Read this case study about our multi-source attribution modeling for Children's National Health System.
- Search for a doctor at the Carilion Clinic website. We recently helped them transform their site experience and digital tools like search and find-a-doc.
We tackle interesting projects on cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, designers (that’s you!), project managers, strategists and analysts. These team members work very closely with each other and the client to design and build awesome, consumer web and mobile experiences. We conduct user research and establish ourselves as the expert on a project team when asked “What’s best for the user?”
Why should I apply?
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the work associations and general camaraderie with other “Modeans”. We also work with great clients who value us and our contributions.
Second, Modea offers great benefits that provide both a fun and enjoyable workplace and will improve your quality of life:
- Paid internship with great hourly rate based on experience
- Modern, open plan office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Catered team lunch every Friday
- Regular employee events (parties, community service, etc.)
- Discounted gym membership
- Paid downtown parking
The working environment here at Modea is one of accountability and autonomy. We are working to solve big problems. So we expect a lot, but give team members the tools, freedom, and flexibility to come up with great solutions. Together, our team is developing world-class technology that will change the way healthcare is delivered.
If you’ve read to this point you should probably apply. Not ready? Shoot us a note at email@example.com
with any questions.
* You must be eligible to work in the United States for this position.