Who is Modea?
We are a technology consultancy working with healthcare marketing teams to dramatically improve and enhance the digital patient experience. We fundamentally believe that digital tools should provide better control, transparency, and choice for healthcare consumers. Finding a doctor should be as easy as comparing flights with Kayak, and booking an appointment should be as easy as hailing a car with Uber.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work:
What does an Analyst do at Modea?
- Check out the Duke Health website. We designed and built the entire thing.
- Find a location at Manatee Healthcare using this mobile app. We design and built the feature set and user experience.
- Search for a doctor at the Carilion Clinic website. We recently helped them transform their site experience and digital tools like search and find-a-doc.
We tackle interesting projects on cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, analysts (that’s you!), designers, project managers, and strategists. These team members work very closely with each other and the client to help them make data driven decisions and design and build awesome, consumer-grade web and mobile experiences. We comb through all available data and establish ourselves as the expert on a project team to help clients make informed decisions.
We’re currently looking for a sharp analyst to 1) execute interesting client projects and 2) help us grow our predictive analytics practice at Modea. The right person for this role is well trained in data science and various analytical techniques, is naturally curious, and has a familiarity with web analytics and the language of the internet (funnels, conversions, clicks, etc.). This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA.
Here are a few specific things we’d be looking for you to do:
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are critical to this role:
- Lead on web analytics strategy: We do a lot of work on consumer-facing websites and apps. Part of your role would be to work with the visual design and engineering teams to set the measurement strategy for a particular site or application and ensure that the right goals and metrics are being tracked. This usually means working in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Provide decision support: It’s not enough to just “keep the lights on” for our clients. We’ll always want you to be analyzing the data we collect and looking for insights and trends that can inform our work or help our clients make better decisions. This will mean carving time out of your schedule to sit, analyze, and be thoughtful about the data and how it can best be visualized and interpreted. We often have to be flexible with our tools to meet client needs, whether that's open-source reporting platforms (Data Studio, Shiny) and Enterprise BI tools (Power BI, Domo, Tableau). Curiosity and a willingness to learn will take you a long way!
- Unlock data science: Data is all the rage, and our clients look to us to help them wrangle and understand their data. More and more clients are asking us to help them with advanced marketing analytics solutions, beyond the traditional world of web analytics and into the world of big data and algorithmic approaches. You’ll be asked to use SQL, Python and R to join disparate data sources, mine that data for insights, and conduct statistical analyses to help our clients answer tough questions.
Additionally, here is a list of skills and qualities we’d like you to have:
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written)
- Be naturally curious and love problem solving
- Have a high comfort level with all things analytical (math, charts, ratios, data, etc.)
- Have experience with common statistical/analytical methods
- Be fluent in R, SQL, or Python
- Have experience with web analytics and reporting
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
- Have a college degree or a similar degree of life experience
- Be passionate about analytics and ready to share your favorite blogs, authors, etc.
Here are a few other reasons why you should apply:
- Have experience conducting SEO research
- Have experience in a business intelligence role
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the work associations and general camaraderie with other “Modeans.” We also work with great clients who value us and our contributions.
Second, Modea offers a great benefit package that provides both a fun and enjoyable workplace and great perks that will improve your quality of life:
- Flexible paid time off
- Modern, open plan office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Catered team lunch every Friday
- Regular employee events (parties, community service, etc.)
- Discounted gym membership
- Paid downtown parking
- Generous health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with fully vested company matching
- Long term & short term disability
The working environment here at Modea is one of accountability and autonomy. We are working to solve big problems. So we expect a lot, but give team members the tools, freedom, and flexibility to come up with great solutions. Together, our team is developing world-class technology that will change the way healthcare is delivered.
If you’ve read to this point you should probably apply. Not ready? Shoot us a note at email@example.com
with any questions.